Press inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us should you wish to reproduce any material from our website.
tilde asks that all media personnel refer to the following guidelines on how to address transgender people correctly.
- offensive language and terms
- descriptions that ridicule transgender people
- sensationalist reference to transgender persons whose gender history has no direct bearing on the subject at hand
- pronouns that conflict with an individual’s personal experience
- revealing the previous names or identity of transsexual persons without their explicit permission
Journalists are also asked to bear in mind:
- the vulnerability of recently come-out transgender people
- the need to report issues involving trans children with special care
- the fact that there is no automatic correlation between sexual orientation and gender identity, and that the two should not be confused
For further information you can access an Inclusive Language Guide from the National LGBTI Health Alliance of this information sheet from Trans Media Watch, UK Adapted from Transcreen: Amsterdam Transgender Film Festival